Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Loving This!


I am loving being the mother of a verbal child. I just fall deeper in love with my kid every day. Hearing her talk (or try to) only makes me love her more.
Granted, Maggie's vocabulary consists of these words:
  1. No
  2. Yeah!
  3. Orange Juice
  4. Baa (bottle)
  5. Bee (binky)
  6. Shhh!
  7. Show!
  8. Me!
  9. Da-eee (Daddy)
  10. Mom
  11. Ou (which means in or out, mostly a change of location)
  12. Car
  13. Ou-Side
  14. Canny (candy)
It's heaven that she can tell me why she's flipping out most of the time. Or she can call for me or her binky from her crib after her nap. And just this morning when she dumped my cereal bowl into my lap she sweetly and without prompting said "Sorry." I didn't even know she knew that word. How can you be mad about that?

5 comments:

Rachel said...

My favorite is when they hit their sibling and then look at you and say, "sorry"! As if that makes it all better. :o)

Angie Lewis said...

That's so fun. I'm really looking forward to the day that Christopher can tell me what he wants...it's all pretty much a guessing game until then!

EmmaP said...

Well, it is cute for now. Just wait until she's a teenager and wants to tell you how she really feels! You look GREAT by the way.
-Emma

Mary Jane said...

Megan,
You have the cutest blog. I'm stalking you in cyberland as Nicole was! Hee Hee! You have some of the most inspiring things to say! I bet you're loving your summer...especially if Maggie is starting to talk...it just gets better from here.

K said...

Yeah, well, don't be fooled. that verbal charm will get you every time, and don't think they don't know it, the little weasles. you shoulda heard the stuff Ginna came up with . . .

Love is a dangerous thing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites

Parenting Blogs