Monday, December 31, 2007

The Festivities

Christmas at the Hinckley's almost began when Maggie woke up at 5:00 am. Dan was rarin' to go, but I pulled the brakes, handed Maggie a bottle, and we all went back to bed. When Maggie woke up again at 8 (oh blessed sleep!) we opened her bedroom door thinking she'd run for her new toys. Oh no. It took us a good 5 minutes to coax her out of the kitchen.
Santa brought Maggie a new car and a new house! If only he'd brought her parents the same thing. She just sat in that car for a good 10 minutes before we could get her to play with anything else. Once she went in the house she was mostly upset about how she couldn't climb out the windows. What a nut!


Dan bought the family this super cool remote control helicopter. Sad thing is, we took it to the church to fly it in the gym and we busted it. The thing is impossible to steer. However, I must say I am the very best pilot. We glued it back together and can't wait to try it in the Spring in a nice soft grassy park.

Santa brought me a brand new sewing machine! I am so excited to use it and I have all sorts of projects lined up. Dan was excited that now I can sew up all the pants he rips. The man goes through more jeans than anyone I know.

After we opened our presents we went around the corner to Dan's family's house. We ate a delicious brunch of Vicki's sweet rolls (with chocolate chips in them!) and some egg casseroles. Maggie mostly threw her food. Its a new hobby of hers.
Since Christmas is also Dan's birthday... we switched gears and showered him with presents!
Sister Megan, Maggie, and Dan were up to some serious shenanigans in the kitchen. Big bite there Mag-myster.
The cake, made by Dan's sister Chelsea said "Happy Birthday Jesus and Daniel." What a celebration!
As per Williams tradition, I made Dan do the annual birthday cake pose. The goal is to make as many chins as you possibly can. Well done, Danny!

2 comments:

K said...

I have to say that I love the two of you together. Wait - the three of you. It was great seeing you yesterday, if only for a second. I had fun talking to Dan, who I really like. But I felt shy - I feel like I know you well, but face to face, I don't know what to say.

Thank you for letting me still be part of your life. I am so grateful.

Ginna said...

What fun! I almost missed out on the festivities report, but luckily I found it.
We figured Max would be all over the presents too, but he wouldn't even get out of bed! Aren't those kids weirdos? We got a car like Maggie's a couple of years ago, and it's been the ultimate favorite toy. It's perfect.
Happy birthday Dan!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites

Parenting Blogs