I can't tell you how much I love this girl. She is a living, moving, breathing, opinionated, and often difficult little being. And I am her mother. Her clueless, stressed, insane, yet doting mother. I had to haul her screaming behind out of sacrament meeting a record 7 times on Sunday. She woke up at 1:30 on Monday night ready to play. She is climbing onto every surface in our apartment and if she still can't reach she'll stand there and scream bloody murder. She is indestractible. I know that's not a word. But she really has a memory like a steel trap. She will remember where you have put things and how to get them back. And she HATES the word no. And though she can be difficult and exasperating...I love her with my whole soul. She is mine.
Here are some of the reasons why Maggie rocks my soul:
- She learned how to kiss this week [my mother takes credit for teaching her saying that she must be so irresistable that Maggie couldn't help but to kiss her]. Anyway, Mags has since kissed me at least 5 times a day. I think she actually likes me.
- Anytime anybody laughs (even on T.V.) she laughs hysterically.
- She can make it through a 4 hour football game without completely losing it. Yes, she partially lost it a couple of times but she slept through the entire 4th quarter and redeemed herself!
- She reminds me how much I love her daddy.
- She can climb into almost any chair and then sit there with a grin as if to say, "Hey everybody did you see how tricky I am?"
- She loves kids of any age and will completely copy everything they do.
- She's gorgeous despite the fact that I tried out my hairdressing skills on her. [Note to self: leave hair cutting to the professionals.]
- She is so much fun to play with! Hide and Seek could entertain her for days.
- She can make her mouth into a perfect little o. And sometimes when you tell her things she'll do it and say "oh!" A though you're answering a question she's always had.
- Already she is a cell phone junkie. She has 4 of them (all of our old ones) and she'll walk around talking on them and then making you talk on them. She'll even pick up anything rectangular and pretend its a phone.
- When I hold her or watch her while she's sleeping I just look at how beautiful and wonderful she is and its overwhelming.
Children really are the greatest invention!