Monday, June 30, 2014

Sunset Second Summer Book Club

I am not great at book clubs. I'm not great at them because I have a hard time remembering to actually get the book I need to read before its too late. But my wonderful, witty, smart, and fun friend Michele started a neighborhood summer book club when we lived in Lehi and it was absolutely delightful. We read short-ish fiction that was do-able for me with 3 little kids. We ate yumm-o treats and laughed a lot. I love Michele and I miss her--she was a great teacher and I learned a lot from her.

But then each summer I would choose one of my favorite holocaust books for the book club and no one would come. Oh well. I guess people don't love that genre as much as I do. I realize it was one of the most horrific things that has ever happened. But there is so much good and strength in the stories. The stories change me.

Despite the fact that there were only 3 of us in attendance, I still made decorations. And Michele and Lela and I still had a great time. And I ate many cupcakes
Tell me again, why do I have trouble with my weight? I don't get it!








I do love parites. And I do love the book Yellow Star. Read it. 
And tell me about how it changed your life. And then maybe I will throw you a party. Small parties are great too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites

Parenting Blogs