Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Roles



Our children's behaviors of late have been really entertaining:

1) Maggie is the eloquent one. She has begun to tell me things like, "That horse looks interesting. I think that horses are very interesting to me." She has started using big words. She told me yesterday, "Bugs are just so irritating." And last week when we were on the freeway she said, "Mom, be careful. Dad always drives on the rumble strip."

2) Coleman is the reminder. If I tell the kids something like, "When we go into the store there will be no tantrums, no fits, no crying" then Coleman will wag his finger at his siblings and say "NO FITS, MAGGIE AND WILL. NO CRYING." He also takes it upon himself to be the enforcer by pinching his siblings for violating protocol. This is a problem but its also kind of funny.

3) Willy is the emotional one. He gives me kisses all day and tells me he loves me. He uses the phrase, "That's very scary to me" at least 12 times a day. He laughs a lot and always follows with "That's so funny!" The other night he started laughing and the laugh just got louder and crazier and at the end he said "That. was. a. BIG. laugh!"

6 comments:

Jillums said...

You definitely have some cuties!

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh. I don't think I've ever heard cuter things. And so funny!! Love the pic of them, too. Sweet!

Cheeseboy said...

Reminders are so great to have in first grade. I wish I had a classroom full of reminders. Scratch that. I'd like 10 reminders and the rest followers.

Pam Williams said...

Once we rented a house on the Oregon coast for a family vacation, all 13 of us, and when Jen went to bathe 5-yr-old Ethan, the tub had some sand residue from the previous shower-taker. Ethan took one look at that, rolled his eyes and said, "Now that degusting." Gotta love it.

EmmaP said...

that is hilarious. I remember when both Keenan and Kienna started in with the big words. Kadin is my worrier. ANYTIME we get in the car, since he was about 6, he would and still does check my gas guage. Anything less than half -- "Mom -- are we almost out of gas? Are you going to get some soon?" haha.

Sharlyn said...

Awwwwww! Makes it all worth it right? ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites

Parenting Blogs