Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Things to Do with a 4 Year Old: Sesame Street E-books



A representative from {Sesame Street e-books} contacted me a month ago and asked if I'd like a free month trial of their program to test out with my kids. Why yes I would, I told them.So they gave us one.

And we tried it. Lots of times.

Maggie loved it.

The e-books website has over 125 e-books to enjoy. They have various kinds: there are books that play audio, books that are animated, interactive books that you play kind of like a game (an I spy type game, and one about food that you move the parts around the page), and books that you have a grown-up read to you like a real book.

Maggie's favorites were the interactive books. The drawback is that there were only 2 of them and Maggie begged for more! Another drawback is that the site wasn't especially kid friendly. Maggie couldn't select and start the e-books by herself like she can with the games on the sesamestreet.org website. Its not that I leave her to do these things by herself while I sit back eating bon bons, she doesn't let me help her.

In all, we had a great experience with Sesame Street e-books. If you're looking for a fun activity to do with your preschooler, signing up for a year subscription to e-books might be just the thing. We recommend it.

Here's a free preview of one of my favorites, {Monster at the End of This Book}.

Full disclosure: Sesame Street e-books gave us a free one month subscription to their website in exchange for this review.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Fun! Sounds like a cool thing, but I have to agree--it HAS to be kid-friendly. And I have to say: The Monster at the End of This Book is one of the best kids' books ever written!! Every one of my kids loved that.

Cheeseboy said...

Sounds cool. I don't know if I'd want to pay for one though. How much are they?

Cambo said...

"Monster at the End of This Book" was one of my favorites when I was a kid.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites

Parenting Blogs