Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Life Lessons Learned

In the past few weeks I've learned a great many things. I would like to share them with you. Some of these things are dumb. Okay, most of them are. But learning dumb things is also useful I am finding out.

I've learned some things about myself. I've learned some things about my kids. I've learned some things about how my brain works.

I also am wondering what life lessons you've learned lately?

(When I said "I'm wondering" it reminded me that Maggie uses that phrase a million times a day. I love it. It's cute to hear what a 3 year old wonders about.)

4 comments:

K said...

I love to eavesdrop on conversations between kids - then you can kind of see what's in their heads - the stuff they don't necessarily say to you. And I'm learning more and more dumb things about myself all the time. I wonder if there's an end to them?

Jennifer said...

Well, I think "dumb" is all relative, and even dumb lessons are worth learning.

The big lesson I've learned recently is that when you want to be a really good mom to your teenager and you have no idea how, it's good to have quiet times together so you can talk. But the biggest lesson I've learned is that "talking" means I try to say as little as I can (which is superdy duper hard for me, so it's taken me a long time to learn this). I didn't know that before.

I'm looking forward to your insights.

Emily Rasmussen said...

I have learned I am a rally bad conversationalist when I thought I was a good one. This is a bummer because I really like talking to people. I've been learning that humility is usually the best policy but as I seek to do what is right/humble I often just end up really indecisive about things.

the fellers said...

YAY, I am excited to hear and learn from YOUR life lessons, this made me think, i will be more alert in my life I think....

on a totally different note, Shon saw on Facebook, and so did I, that you made peach jalapeno jelly? He now wants me to make it....can I get that recipe from you?? will you please email me at
shonandvin@gmail.com??

thanks a bunch!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites

Parenting Blogs