Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Twins' 2nd Birthday Party


Last night we threw a party for our birthday dudes. It was so much fun. I took the theme and color scheme from these fantastic pictures that {Heather} took of the boys earlier this year. The food and decorations were yellow and blue and spunky and fun. I had a blast making the treats and banners. And I was so excited, I hung all the decorations 2 days early. It was nice, though because then I got to play in the kitchen all day before the party!












The banners were so fun to make. For the first one, I just cut out scalloped circles using a punch. Then I tied photographs together with ribbon and tied them through the circles for some pizazz. The second one was super easy--I used up all the yellow and blue paper scraps in my stash and punched out circles and then I sewed them together into a long chain. I love sewing paper!


The party was so much fun! The nieces and nephews were running around with mouths full of gumballs. Maggie was happy to take over all of the toys the boys received as gifts (and lucky for her, her brothers didn't really notice). And the cupcakes were delicious, if I say so myself. The boys were thrilled by the attention and the treats and the applause.  And every time I turned around, Will was stuffing another cupcake into his face. 


Birthdays rock. 

8 comments:

the fellers said...

oh man, looks like loads of fun! You are so creative, i might be a big jealous!

Jennifer said...

I LOVE THIS PARTY!!! I know just what you mean... birthdays DO rock! The goodies look superb, and the decor is to die for. I always skip that part of birthdays, but I'm thinkin' now it looks really fun to do (even though I'm not half as talented as you). The banners were gorgeous! How FUN!!!

Heather said...

SO FUN!!! I love all the little details you did! And I love seeing all those photos printed!!

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday Twins!!
(and good job Mom and Dad for making it two years!)
Loved the party decorations!

EmmaP said...

once again, you pulled off a success! And I TOTALLY get the whole decorating 2 days beforehand. I do stuff like that ALL.THE.TIME! Glad it was a ton of fun!

Kristina P. said...

Everything looks so adorable!

Cherringtons said...

You are amazing!! I love the banners and pictures of the boys! Looks like they had a great Birthday.

K said...

You and your classy, colorful, tempting food. I have to admit, I'm glad I wasn't there. I would have taken too many pieces. We all used to make a wonderful big deal about birthdays, huh? But I never did get the knack of making really wonderful cakes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites

Parenting Blogs