Friday, May 7, 2010

I Love My Mother Because.... by Denae Holt



My Mom grew up very differently that most anyone I know, Both her parents died before she was 13. She has been through a lot and always tries her hardest to help others. She has many talents and can do almost anything (except crocheting, she says). She is a wonderful Grandma and loves to take the kids "Treasure Hunting" (Geo caching). She has taught me how to sew, cook, clean and use a computer. 

I am so grateful to have such wonderful parents who help me progress by watching my girls while I go to school and many other times so I can get out. I don't think I would have survived my divorce and my adventure of being a single Mom with out the help of my parents.

Denae has been my friend for 20 years (I can't believe we're old enough to have been friends for 20 years). She is an amazing mom, photographer, nurse, and friend. The girl can do anything and everything and she's absolutely adorable. I'm so glad I know her and can count her among my friends. Her mother Diana is awesome. I love her laugh and how she is always up to something good. And I remember in 1992 when I saw her "glamour shots" picture I stared at it for an hour because it was so gorgeous. Movie star material for sure. Happy Mothers Day, Denae and Diana!

3 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

This is very nice. I've heard great parents are essential to recovering from a divorce. Happy Mother's Day!

Meridee said...

I love Diana and Denae both. Great women who have big, beautiful hearts.

Diana said...

I haven't read anyone's blog for quite a while. And if you had posted once more, this one wouldn't have been on the main page and I probably wouldn't have seen it. Thank you for posting this. You have no idea how much this means to me to have found this post.

I totally agree with what you said about Denae. Me....ummmm, No! LOL I'm glad that you are Denae's friend too! And Yes, your Mother is REALLY funny! I love that woman!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites

Parenting Blogs