Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanksgiving #3


This might sound kind of weird, but today I'm thankful for my dentist. See, I have bad teeth. I basically hate my teeth and the cavities they grow just to spite me (seriously I brush and floss longer and better than a lot of people I know). I had to have braces twice in my youth, and you'd think with all the time I spent at the orthodontist/dentist I would have learned to like my teeth. But I don't. I still hate them. And I probably hate them because I always left the dentist's office feeling like a bad person--like every flaw in my mouth was because deep down I was just no good.

I have not liked dentists. I thought that they hated me first.

But this week I sat in the chair of my new brother-in-law {Dr. Dave Huffaker} and it was a whole new experience. He didn't make me feel bad about myself at all. I get to spend 3 more hours in his chair in the upcoming weeks (yeah, my teeth are still horrible), but you know what? It's okay because Dave made it clear that I'm not a bad person and that my teeth really looked good--he was impressed with my brushing skills. Someone believed me that it's not my fault!?

Awesome.

Dr. Dave

So thank you, Dentist/Brother Dave. I'm glad I found a dentist who treats me like more than a walking cavity.

P.S. While I really didn't write this as an advertisement, I wrote this for gratitude week (duh!), here's a shame-less plug: If you need a dentist in Davis County, {call him}. Seriously. He's sweet and he's good--do those qualities not make up the perfect dentist?

5 comments:

MOMster said...

I had braces for 9 freakin' years. Does that count as having bad teeth too?

K said...

A good dentist is a joy forever. I thought you were already related to a dentist? And how did you get a dentist brother-in-law? I can't figure this out.

Jennifer said...

Okay, you and I have EXACTLY the same bad teeth history! This is hilarious. I had braces twice, too. And I am a religious flosser. I have JUST BARELY started coming home from the dentist with no cavities, but I think it's because all my teeth are actually fillings and there isn't any spot left to decay.

MikeandJill said...

I do need a dentist in Davis County!! Mine is from Syracuse and I'm tired of driving up there. Is he is Wood's X/Bountiful?

Megan said...

Buddy! He's in Centerville. YOu should totally go to him. And tell them I sent you so they'll give me a gift card and I'll take you to dinner. Oh how much fun would we have laughing it up over dinner!

Kristen, he is my sister in law (dan's sister)'s husband.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites

Parenting Blogs