Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Double Shots

The boys went to the 1 year check-up appointment today. When the nurse saw us come in she said, "This is my first day back from maternity leave, but if I'd known you were bringing the twins I'd have taken another day."

I didn't really get why the nurse thought it would be so bad with the twins, but then she came in and laid the immunizations on the table. After she gave the boys 6 shots each they were both screaming and then poor Maggie fell off her chair and hit her head and started screaming as well. Dan and I were both standing there trying to comfort our delirious children and laughing because it was so horrible. 

I think next time the kids need shots, I might need to take a leave day.

7 comments:

Vhari said...

Megs,

I'm so sorry. Hannah just went in for her fifteen month and she cried the whole visit because she remembered the shots from last time. I can't imagine six shots and twins. I hope you treated yourself to something nice after your torture.

Vhari

Holdinator said...

From the picture they don't look much worse for the wear. It's a good thing kids are so resilient.

K said...

I have to tell you that we always went to the county for the shots - it costs SO very little there, and it's the same vaccine. There won't be any less screaming, and Maggie can still find things to fall off of - but at least you can afford to take them all for ice cream after -

Kirsten said...

I dread taking one in...I can't imagine two. I am so glad Dan was with you!!! That is rough...

I also can't believe the twins are one!!! It seems like they were just born! I was looking at your family pictures below and they are so sweet. You have the cutest family Megan. Sure miss you!

Katie said...

Wow! Sounds crazy...lucky you had Dan there to help!

Oh, our interview is up today. Just wanted to give you a heads up!

Ashley said...

Poor babies!!

Beth said...

I wouldn't expect it to get any better (sorry). I always piggyback dr. and dentist appts. because I want to save time (they still charge me a co-pay per kid, which is stupid) But it is always so stressful - kids freaking out at the thought of a shot, playing in the drawers before the doctor comes in- and when he does come in he catches them red-handed getting into something they shouldn't. I need a leave day just thinking about it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites

Parenting Blogs