Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Spiritual Workout

Not only have I gotten fat and lazy physically (thus the hour long workouts I've been doing every morning to whip my tush into shape) but I'm not exactly in tip-top shape spiritually. I keep telling myself that I'm just too tired and that's been my excuse for hit and miss scripture reading for the past 2.5 years. Pathetic.

Well, no more.

On Sunday, my friend Lela challenged the girls in my church congregation to read the Book of Mormon in 60 days. And then she told us to check out {www.readthescriptures.com}. Holy cow. The internets bless my life in countless ways. Basically, every morning the site emails me my 9 pages for the day that I am supposed to read. But not only that, it keeps track of my progress (I'm already 5% of the way done) and even lets me type in my thoughts if any verse strikes me as amazing (which they do). I love it.

So, expect me to look a little trimmer and be a lean mean spiritual machine by the end of August. This dual powered spiritual/physical morning workout program just might be the trick.

7 comments:

Katie Gee said...

This got me thinking....

Not only am I going to start exercising every morning I hadn't thought of the scripture study I would need to do too. I was so focused on the physical that I forgot about the spiritual. Thanks for getting me thinking....again.

Jennifer said...

Hey, awesome! What a cool thing! :)

EmmaP said...

i enjoy reading mine online too. i have a rule for me. no blogging until i've read. it keeps me in check! i can't even READ other blogs or FB until I've read! i figure if i have time for that stuff, i have time to read.

Julie said...

Thank you for sharing this site! I just signed up :) This is just what I need to get my tush in gear and get reading. Good Luck!

{Erica} said...

SO AWESOME!!! Seriously got super excited over this website. I can't wait to start...and well looky here...it's the 1st...a perfect ime to start!

Emily Rasmussen said...

That is really cool. Thank you so much for sharing!!!

The Knudsen Family said...

So I invited myself to join in your spiritual workout. Hope you don't mind. Thanks for inspiring me. this site is great. I signed up today and I'm going to share it with my YW on Sunday. What a happy motivator. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites

Parenting Blogs