Monday, March 30, 2009

The End of the Bumbo Era

When Coleman did this out of the Bumbo at lunch: 

(Don't worry--I caught him before he spilled onto the counter--barely), I packed up the car, drove to Target, piled the children into one of their embarrassingly ginormous shopping carts (made especially for Mormon mothers) and bought another one of these (we already had one that was Maggie's):

So I suppose, in a month when the wiggle worms have learned to unsnap the 3 point harnesses, remove the trays, and use their sippy cups to pole vault to the ground, we'll resort to duct tape. Or just leaving them in a bathtub full of Cheerios for all their meals. Why are all of my children so busy? Can't I have a fat kid that just sits there?

8 comments:

the fellers said...

bath full of cheerios, that is a great idea!

Rachel said...

Not only is a bath full of cheerios great but it will come in handy in a couple of years when you want to start potty training them!

K said...

Okay - I needed that giggle this morning. Loved the animation. And your comic timing was as sharp as it ever has been, which is saying quite a bit. Duct tape. (Slaps thigh) Yeah - I shoulda thought of that when Chaz was little. Might have saved us a bottle of baby aspirin (which she found when I turned my back - the ONE TIME I DID) and the doctor a bite on the knee. And yeah - a bath full of cheerios - cutting to the chase. Why didn't I ever think of that?

K said...

Oh, as to that last question? Why can't you have a fat kid who just sits there? With their genetics? Are you kidding?

Did you see that Cam had posted the magic show from '96 on facebook, by the way?

Ginna said...

I LOVE the bathtub full of cheerios idea. Guess who else would love it? MAX. Still. He's a cheerio monster, and if there's ever a baby around who's getting fed cheerios he's first in line for a handout.
Anyway I feel your pain, sort of. 1/3 of it. Busy kids are great, but boy do they make things harder!!

Katie Gee said...

Oh Megan, I needed the laugh this morning too! You're so funny!

Beth said...

You can blame your mother for the genetic "busy" flaw in your kids.
I like to explain away a lot of my kids' problems on genetics - the boys have poop problems cause of Joel, Clara is needy 'cause I'm needy...
I loved your reference to Grandma Rass. Now you just need to start saying you carried all your babies for 10 months.

Ashley said...

Haha! Love the graphic. I can just picture the little baby somersaulting out of his Bumbo. Glad he wasn't hurt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites

Parenting Blogs