Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sure Wish I'd Known This Lady

While at my folks' yesterday I read this obituary they'd clipped. They didn't know her, but thought her obituary was the best thing ever. I agree. Bless Ida Mae's heart. Hope the fishin' is good up there.


Ida Mae "Loveridge" Campbell

Mom Gone Fishing Forever

Mom went fishing forever. She caught the big one January 5th in the wee hours in bed. It was so big it reeled her into fishing heaven. She is survived by 1 former husband, all 4 children, all 9 grandchildren, and all 5 great-grandchildren.

My mom was raised in Orem, Utah and graduated from Orem High in 1954. Her parents were Don and Belva Loveridge, her grandfather was Orrin Porter Rockwell Jr., her great-grandfather was Patriarch Orrin Porter Rockwell Sr. She moved to St. Anthony, Idaho for better fishing and now can be found next to Heaven's Fish Lake by the shore, gutting the big one, with a beer in her hand shouting, "Obama, that's my kind of President."

Funeral services will be held Friday, January 9, 2009 at 1:00 p.m. at Bert Flam Mortuary in St. Anthony, Idaho.

5 comments:

cryst said...

Megs, I miss your guts. I haven't seen you for freaking forever. I love your blog. I read it almost every day, and I am still 100% convinced that you are superwoman. Loves & Squishes! Cryst

Catherine said...

Oh Dear Heart! I just have to tell you that I always have to W-C before reading your blog-- lest I wet myself laughing with glee.
I love you and miss you so much! I AM going to come see you, I am.

All my love,

Catherine

Rachel said...

Gool ol' St. Anthony, ID. I gots relertive's up in them thar parts. I don't like fish.....their guts hate my guts.

That is a great obit. Grandma with spunk. I like it!

K said...

Okay. I do hope my obit, while somewhat different in content still has that happy irreverent tone. For a minute there, I was afraid it said she was born in 1954, which weirded me out big time. And I do not think for one minute that they allow beer in heaven. Maybe fishing heaven, though.

The Willeyes said...

Oh my gosh! That made my day. Hope your fishing is great Megs...but hold off on the beer would ya:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites

Parenting Blogs