Here are 25 things about me:
1. My bedroom drives me crazy. Somehow it collects every random thing in the entire house. I haven't gotten around to decorating it. It's cluttered and horrible with spit up on the floor and I'm too tired to do anything about it.
2. I have an awesome triple stroller (thanks to wonderful people who love us) but it's too big to fit in our trunk. I can squish it into the passenger seat but that's no good if Dan and I are both in the car.
3. I feel like it takes me a long time to make friends. Just when I really was loving living in Woods Cross and felt like I knew people we moved and now I'm starting over. Luckily I am now closer to my friends from high school that I adore (well, I'm closer to the ones who are still here).
4. I think I am Mexican. I inherited this trait from my father who also believes he is Mexican. But he's from Tooele, UT. We adore traveling to Mexico, listening to Mexican music, studying Spanish, eating and cooking Mexican food, and looking at Mexico travel books. My family is full of white Mexicans with european ancestry. The good news is that Mom cooks like a genuine Mexican. We're talkin' delicioso.
5. I have the coolest siblings and parents. I wish I could spend all of every day with them. I guess that's what the eternities are for.
6. I think the best way to spend a summer evening is playing cards. The best way to spend a summer day is being pulled by a boat in a tube on a lake. Right now I miss summer so bad.
7. I am always surprised by people who tell me they always wanted twins. I never wanted twins. Are you crazy!? But now that I have them, I love them. It's a lot of work, yes. But its so great to get two babies giggling and smiling at you at the same time. Its so great to have your arms full of sweet sleeping babies. And I'm so excited to see them be best friends and take care of each other for the rest of their lives. They are so lucky to have each other. And I'm so lucky to have them.
8. I am very mediocre musically. I play the piano good enough for a small congregation in Hungary where no one else even knows where middle C is. But I get really really really nervous playing in front of musical people. It's almost painful for me. I like to sing and I'm really good at fake operatic singing, but when it comes to really good singing... I'm a little shaky.
9. I think the best kind of dancing in the world is tap dancing. If I could be a kid again I would beg my mother to put me in tap class so that I could be the best tapper in the world. There is nothing more cheerful than tap dancing.
10. I love kindergarten. I really miss teaching. I think 5-6 is the best age ever. Kids are independent but love you and give you hugs all day long. They laugh at every funny thing you say or any funny face you make. They are little sponges that soak up knowledge. 5 year olds are the greatest invention.
11. I am afraid of getting old.
12. I really want a boat.
13. My husband just informed me that his dream car is a Toyota Tercel 4WD Wagon. He had one in college and he can't wait to own one again. What an aspiration! My dream car would be a totally pimped out old school Jeep Wagoneer with wood panels on the sides.
14. My husband is hilarious. He constantly surprises me by the things he thinks and says. He's also brilliant and very capable of doing absolutely anything. I feel very lucky to have him.
15. I have a crush on Batman.
16. I vividly remember my first internet search. I was in junior high. My dad pulled up a Yahoo page and helped me search for Chris O'Donnell. Then he printed out 8 pages of pictures. I love my dad.
17. I really want to learn the art of printmaking. I wish I had a letter press.
18. I need to find a husband for my best friend McKenna. She the best thing ever. Gorgeous. Hilarious. Smart. And she's in her last semester of law school. Are you kidding me? She's Utah's most eligible bachelorette. Any takers? You got a brother? Cousin? Nephew? Son? Neighbor kid? Let's hook em up!
19. I want to write a book for kids. And then after I write it, I want it to be published. One night I started writing my book in my brain but then I fell asleep and I didn't remember it in the morning. Maybe I'll come up with one again. I wish I could write like Kevin Henkes. His books are delicious.
20. I don't know what to do with a 2 year old. I know how to teach 5 year olds and even 3 and 4 year olds, but a strong-willed-I'll-do-whatever-I-want-no-matter-how-hard-you-try-and-stop-me-and-your-words-don't-matter-cause-I-don't-talk-so-good 2 year old is way over my head. But gosh I love her. I could just eat her up I love her so much.
21. If I didn't have babies waking up at 6:30 every morning then I would totally be up every night past midnight. I love working on stuff at night, its great project time.
22. I feel guilty about everything, things I have done, things I haven't, things I should have done, things I thought about doing. I've never done anything truly horrible, but I'm very prone to feeling bad. It's good that it keeps me on the straight and narrow but it's bad that I worry so much about every little thing.
23. It's not that I have no sense of style, I just don't look like I don't.
24. I am afraid of dentists. I'm not afraid of the drills and the x-rays and the scrapers and all that jazz. I'm afraid of the dentist acting like I'm a bad person for having crappy teeth. I brush faithfully but every time I go to the dentist its cavity city. Embarrassing. And oh the lectures I used to get from the dentist when I was a kid! I still have complexes about it. But after my mission I had the best dentist who just said, "You have 9 cavities. What movie should we watch while I drill?" No meanness. Just me, him, Oceans 11, and 3 hours of dental work.
25. I love the internet. And television.