- I made banana bread since Maggie decided this week that she is so over eating bananas and the banana bunch in the fruit bowl was more brown than yellow. I mean, come on Mom, bananas are so October. I found the recipe on this lovely inter-web and wouldn't you know it was extremely good?
- Maggie can't get enough Elmo, so while I nurse we have started watching Sesame Street clips on YouTube. You have to watch this. And don't stop before the end because the last minute is the best part. Ben Stiller is not even my favorite. I don't even really like him. But I almost wet myself when he sings at the end, "A cheese is a person in your neighborhood." Seriously? That's hilarious.
- I care about what people think of me. Sometimes I really wish I didn't. But if you're going to fly off the handle please don't do it on my blog--cause I'm sensitive. I care. If I read something on a blog I don't agree with, do you know what I do? I mull it over. To myself. In my head. And if it bothers me that much I take the dang blog off my google reader. I believe we can all be respectful. Nice even. So let's.
- Proposition 8 makes me sad. I support it. But I'm sad for everybody involved and all the hate and hurt on both sides. Contention. That's what it is. And I do not like it. Let's just trust in God to get us through this adversity.
- My nephew Lincoln wishes that Uno made a Star Wars card game. Actually Lincoln wishes that there was a Star Wars version of everything. Maggie drew his name for Christmas--anybody have a gift idea under 10 bucks?
- If you heard Maggie say pumpkin it would make you melt from shear cuteness. I am so serious. She puts a pen in my hand and commands me to draw them for her and I can't say no because of how she says it: "Puh-Kuhn." And my favorite is "Puh-kuhn Koo-Kee." I'm her puh-kuhn koo-kee baking slave.
- Our house is so dark I feel like I live in a flipping cave. [What you don't know what a flipping cave is? It's a dark cave where you do tricks like tripping over the sofa. Way awesomer than a regular cave.] I bought a lamp at DI tonight to shed some light on the family room. But I'm still looking for a massive lampshade for an adorable lamp we put in Maggie's room. Where do you find a HUGE lampshade? And don't say Target or Walmart or Sears. Tried those. Tried DI too.
- My boys got shots today and now they are both Grumpy McGrumpsters--adorably cute 12 pound 14 ounce Grumpy McGrumpsters with chunky thighs. I love these babies.
- Little brother Cam is having a birthday Monday. Number 24, I believe. What do you get the boy who has everything? My standard gift for the boy is an I-tunes card but I'd like to branch out.
Okay, I feel somewhat better having sorted these racing thoughts into nicely bulleted points. Maybe I'll go work off the rest of my worries and heartache by scrubbing my sink and dusting the front room. I used to love dusting. When I was 11. Anybody have an 11 year old they'd like to send over?