Saturday, October 6, 2007

Mag-myster's Birthday Bash!

Well, its official: Maggie has been alive on this earth breathing air for her first 365 days. We had a family party to celebrate. We started off with a hot-dog dinner since hotdogs are Mag's all-time favorite food. Jennie and my mom brought yummy salads and I made Dan's favorite oven fries to go along with it (and my secret recipe fry sauce). Good stuff.

Dad, Jill, Nic, and Colette dishing up the goods.
Dan and his baby girl--she ADORES him.
Since space is kinda tight in our apartment we put out a blanket on the floor in Maggie's room for Lincoln, Asher, Colette, and Jamison to sit on and eat. A picnic room, if you will. Mostly they enjoyed playing with Clara's toys. Clara found one of Maggie's cellphones (our old ones) and held it to her ear for 10 minutes without uttering a peep. I had to confiscate the pennywhistle from Colette before the rest of us went insane from the one note wonder.
Me and Mags, she wouldn't hold still for this.

Maggie had the best time opening her presents! I wasn't sure how this would go, but she loved it. She ripped off the wrapping paper and pulled out tissue paper and opened the boxes. She got some really cute clothes, some footie pajamas that she was in desperate need of, and toys and games that her cheap parents don't buy for her. Her favorite gifts though, were the cards from Grandma and Grandpa Lambert, Grandma Williams, and Grandma and Grandpa Rasmussen. She's so lucky to have so many great grandparents! I didn't have any!

The climax of the evening was the smasher cake we got from Albertsons. They give you a free cake for your baby's first birthday. I didn't even have to buy anything else. It was totally free. Anyway, watching Maggie eat the cake was so priceless. Watch the video. I can't do it justice with words.

13 comments:

Tiffany DeWitt said...

What a cute little girl! She looked really stylish. The cake video was great. It is nice to know about the free cake.

Denae said...

that is precious! I love hearing your Mom and Dad in the background cheering her on.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAGS!

Denae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
{Erica} said...

WHAT A CUTIE! that video cracks me up! looks like such a fun party! Good job!

Jenae said...

Like mother like daughter, nuff said!:)

Kirsten said...

The cake video was AWESOME!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!! I especially love her grin and her cake flinging waves to everyone watching. She is such a cutie and those pictures were so fun. Hope you guys are doing well!!

Evenson Fam said...

So fun! Our girls are only a couple weeks apart!

Ginna said...

What a fun party, and what a beautiful little girl covered in cake! Looks like she actually got into opening the presents too, so that's fun.
I'm going to be in UT starting tuesday morning next week, I've got a work training tuesday night and all day wednesday, and then I'll be there until saturday afternoon. So when can I see you???

Oh and by the way, our dog is soooo nice. He doesn't bark at people, but he does still think he's a puppy, so he does jump. I think you'd like him after a little transition period....

Sarah said...

Megan my dear....YOU are fantastic....and that was the best cake eating by a 1 year old that I have seen yet!! The cake was everywhere...ha ha ..that was great!

Brandi Lyn said...

oh my goodness her wave is SOOO cute!! Ah! Her birthday looked SO fun :) Those pictures were adorable. You guys are such a cute little family. We love you guys

Tiffany said...

So--I am so proud that Nate has such a cute girl friend! Maggie looked like she had such a fun birthday! Way to go Megs!

Emily Rasmussen said...

That video was just about the cutest thing ever! I was totally giggling while I watched it. What a fun birthday party for your little cutie. She is such a Doll. I am loving how much more involved we are in each other's lives now that we are fellow bloggers. You guys rock! :0) Love , Em

Vhari said...

Megs,

Maggie did a stellar job with her cake and she looked so cute in her outfit. I loved the hair clip. I also loved how she picked up the cake to get even more. Classic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites

Parenting Blogs