Monday, October 1, 2007

Birthday Preparations

Okay, so... in my next life I'm going to be a graphic designer. But for now, I pretend I am. So, I made Maggie's cute birthday invites but then I couldn't figure out how to print the dang things so that they would be quality copies. I finally got them printed on my stupid smudgey ink jet, and now I can't figure out how to post it so you can see how cute it is. Just pretend like you took your contacts out but you still know that its cute.


Maggie's first birthday is Wednesday but due to scheduling conflicts, we're having her party on Thursday. I want it all to be perfect because I want to be the perfect mother. But then I realized... she's dang one. She eats stuff out of the garbage can. Her favorite toys are whatever book covers she happens to rip off the books on my bookshelves. She doesn't care what she gets or what her cake looks like or what she eats. Of course, I still want it to be nice. But imperfect is much easier and oh so okay!Well, last month I was starting to really stress that I hadn't MADE a hand made gift for my baby girl. But then I talked to some very smart people who assured me that IT DOES NOT MATTER what a one year old child gets for her birthday...provided its not a knife or drug paraphenalia or what have you. I could have spent hours making her an outfit that she wouldn't know I had made... or I could buy her some junk that she already needed. Dan and I opted for plan B. Dan insists that she needs a waterproof matress pad. I guess its a good idea but her matress is already vinyl covered. Anyway, we got her one of those and a new crib sheet. She is also big enough to make the leap into a forward facing car seat. Her love affair with drinking straws is about to move to a new level as she is soon to be the owner of 2 sippy cups with straws. And finally we bought her a new pair of jeans. I just went through her drawers and took out all the 6-9 month clothes that she is finally outgrowing... and that left her with 7 outfits. She's hurting a little in the clothing department. Anybody know where a poor couple can find cute/inexpensive dresses? TJ MAXX left me severely disappointed this afternoon.

6 comments:

Jenny Groberg said...

I LOVE THE NAME MAGGIE! YOU REALLY THOUGHT ME AND MY SISTER WERE THE SAME PERSON? HOW FUNNY... I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'VE BEEN MARRIED OVER TWO YEARS! GUESS WHAT? I'VE GOT THIS TWITCH IN MY LEFT EYE LID AND I'VE HAD IT FOR 4 DAYS NOW. I'M PARANOID IT'LL TURN INTO THE BELLS PALSY!! I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED! TAKE CARE

{Erica} said...

Totally smart regarding the gifts for Maggie. I love the invitation too! Be sure and post pics of her eating the cake :)

Anonymous said...

So cute Megs. I haven't seen some of those pictures before and they were super cute. I also loved Dan's outfit. I actually didn't know it was a swimsuit until you said something. I guess I hope I would have in person. You could try the outlets in Park City for a dress.

Kristalyn said...

Happy Birthday Maggie! :) I clicked on the picture of the invitation and I can see it perfectly! It is really cute! I love how you put pictures of her growing up. Is that the carseat that you got for Maggie? If so...it's the same one that we have for Mason. :)

I haven't really looked for girls dresses, but I have good luck finding cute, cheap clothes for Mason at Target. Good luck with the celebration preparations! :)

Unknown said...

Megs... I have some dresses... I was just going to give to the DI.. they are dang cute too.. let me know if you are interested.. I bet a have alot of stuff..

Ginna said...

I thought I commented on this already? I must just be going crazy...
anyway, I LOVE the invitation, it's just sooo cute! I just wish we could be there for the partay. Oh well. Maybe next year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites

Parenting Blogs