Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Boo at the Zoo



This year Dan's mama invited us to join her on her wonderful {Grandparent Pass} to Hogle Zoo's "Boo at the Zoo". If you have a grandma, ask her to get a grandparent's pass to the zoo (then she can take you for free like ours can. Love that).



The Boo at the Zoo event was so much fun! Local businesses set up booths around the park and were there handing out candy and treats to all the trick or treating kids. Cream O' Weber was handing out chocolate milk and eggnog. Some cow from somewhere was giving everybody string cheese (each of the twins ate three). And Village Inn was serving pie! There were kids and parents in the most hilarious and adorable costumes. My favorite was a man dressed like The Man in the Yellow Hat, and his son was Curious George. So cute, right?



The kids had a blast. Especially Maggie because I finally took her into the reptile house even though it creeps me out a little and smells like my 7th grade PE clothes (that I never took home to wash because I was sure that I would forget to bring them back, thus getting marked down for not dressing for the day which I was sure would earn me an F on my report card or maybe an A- which to me would have been just as bad as an F. A majorly stressful situation to be sure).



I'm hoping to make Boo at the Zoo a yearly Halloween tradition.

9 comments:

K said...

Much fun. Maybe I'm going to have to do this, too. I remember gym clothes. I wish I hadn't.

Jennifer said...

That looks like SO MUCH FUN!!!!! What a cool thing to do!! And the free stuff?! Hello!

The Willeyes said...

How fun...and the picture of you with your cute little skunk (sorry don't know if it's Will or Coleman) is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Sharlyn said...

We have Boo at the Zoo here in Idaho Falls. Some year I'm going to get there. *sigh*

Kirsten said...

We love Boo at the Zoo here in Ohio too!! Everyone looks so cute dressed up. What a nice grandma you have!! ;-D Miss you guys!

Cherringtons said...

That sounds like alot of fun!! I'll make sure and let my mom know she needs to do that;)

Pam Williams said...

Yes, many of us do confront our fears at the zoo, so it's perfectly appropriate to go there on Halloween. Personally, I find giraffes very soothing.

EmmaP said...

sounds like a blast! I need a grandma with a pass!

Cheeseboy said...

Looks like a good time. I am so glad our zoo is finally improving the exhibits. Perhaps we'll have to hit this next year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites

Parenting Blogs