Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thank You

Tuesday evening I had a good cry on Dan's shoulder about how mediocre I feel. "I'm not good at anything. I'm not a good housekeeper. I'm not a good mother. I'm not a good wife. I have no idea what I'm doing working with the youth at church." [You get the idea.]

Then yesterday I opened the mailbox and found a letter addressed to me. Inside was a card and an adorable little coin purse.



The card said:

Megan, I was in one of my favorite spots in the world just a bit ago and saw this little thing and it made me think of you and your style. Plus, it gave me the opportunity to tell you how much I admire you and your outlook on life. Over the past little while I've had the chance to read your words on your blog and get to know you even more. There have been many times when the way you look at life has made me change my perspective for the better, and I just want to thank you for that. You are such a strong woman and I cannot believe all the stuff you tackle on a daily basis. You are so gifted in so many ways...it inspires me to seek out my talents and try and magnify them. Anyway, I just wanted to hopefully brighten your day a little and to let you know how apppreciated you are for just being you.

Love,
Your Admirer and Friend.

Thank you, Friend, you really brought a smile to my face--that was a real "mood swing."

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Tender mercy! What a blessing! (And I totally agree.)

Rachel said...

Awwwww! Ya know, last week it was Denae bringing me cupcakes from that Sweet Tooth Fairy place. I love it when others reach out because you never know...they could be having a "I'm the grunge on the bottom of a pond" kind of day.

Ginna said...

how sweet! I wish that would've been me sending you that. :)
You're about the least mediocre person I know. Seriously I think you're amazing.

Beth said...

Although it wasn't from me, I'd like you to think it was from me. Because maybe if people start thinking I do thoughtful stuff I'll actually start doing it. Goll. I wish somebody would just believe in me. Give me a chance, you know? All I need is for someone to have a little faith in me and then maybe, just maybe, I'd do something of value for someone else. Do you see where I'm coming from?

Katie Gee said...

Megan, I felt the same way on Sunday about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I wanted so badly to be good, really, really good at something...anything. I was feeling like nothing I did was worth anything. As I was sitting there crying on my hubby's shoulder a talk came on one of the BYU channels. It was the talk by Elder Uchtdorf called, "Happiness, Your Heritage." It was exactly what I needed to hear. I cried and cried as I listened to it and felt that I really was of worth and that Heavenly Father really does love me. If you want to read it again (I'm sure you've heard it before) here's the link:

http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-947-37,00.html

Also, I think you are amazing. I'm not around you in your house everyday but your blog makes me laugh and giggle every time I read it. And every time I see that there's a new post by you I smile and can't wait to click on it to see what you've written. Thanks for making me laugh. You're superb!

Cherringtons said...

You are pretty amazing!! I think to myself everyday that sometimes life is hard and i sit and think about how you are so good at handling your little ones and what a great job you do and wish i was like that more often!!

EmmaP said...

i get it... i do. i was having similar thoughts, and then got an email from someone today. tender mercies indeed... but really, sister... if you ever wanna feel better, call me or check on my FB wall... seeing my mis-managed life should make you feel WAAAAAAY better about yours! ;)
love ya!

cat said...

So cool! What a blessing.

the fellers said...

ok, I read this post and thought, she thinks she isnt good at anything? I was totally shocked, I think you are awesome! And such an inspiration, a lot of times I read your posts and think, "I Need to be more like her with my mothering." YOu are awesome...what a great surprise in your mail that day! Strange how things happen just at the right time hey?

K said...

After all the years I've messed up on the earth, so many more than you've had to be alive, I still feel that same way. what's even worse is to have people think you've done something great, but to know it's not great. What a lovely thing for someone to do for you. I wish I'd done it myself, except my own little mediocre nature would have rendered the gift disappointing, I'm afraid. It would have had to have come from someone more lovely. And I'm glad it did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites

Parenting Blogs