Monday, July 13, 2009

Thank You So Much!


When we moved to our house I stowed a box of my old Barbies on the top shelf of Maggie's closet for a time when she'd be old enough to care about them. That time was last Thursday. Maggie pointed to the box and said, "Mom, get it!"

I got it.

She opened it and exclaimed, "Barbies! Mom, thank you SO MUCH!"

I really had no idea she knew what the things were called. But she knew what they were and exactly what to do with them. They have been her constant companions ever since. 


And hanging onto that box for the past 17 years? Totally worth it.

6 comments:

EmmaP said...

sweet! i remember when kienna first asked for a "bah-bee"... too cute. I played with mine until i was like 11!!! but sadly, kienna was done with hers like a year ago... sigh...

Katie Gee said...

That's awesome! I'm glad she likes them.

Sharlyn said...

Courtney and I played Barbies ALL the time. Good old days :)

Aly said...

I have a big box of old Barbies and another one of old strawberry shortcake dolls that I am saving for the exact same thing!

Andrea said...

Where did you get that dresser and how can I get one for my room???

Chelsea H. Huffaker said...

Of course Maggie knew what they were. Its part of our (us girls') genetic makeup to know about Barbies and shoes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites

Parenting Blogs