Sunday, November 30, 2008

Black Friday Indeed.


I've mentioned before that my in-laws are very good at getting a deal. Extremely good. They are black Friday's biggest fans. I never knew that these after thanksgiving sales existed before I married Dan. But now I know. Boy Howdy, do I know!

And I've learned this: I'm not fast enough  or hard core enough. I went to Kohls and Walmart and missed the good deals at both places even though I was there before 6. Insane. Absolutely insane. I just wandered around in an exhausted stupor throwing full priced merchandise in my cart since all the sales items were gone--completely cleared out. So yes, I did get shopping done. No, I didn't save a lot of money.

Infact, out of the 3 years that Dan has convinced me to do this, the only time I could classify it as successful was the time I went around as Vicki's apprentice. I guess I'm just not ready to fly solo yet. And I'm also not convinced that giving up sleep is worth it. My boys and Maggie still won't let me sleep as it is.

So, next year please remind me not to go. Maybe in a few years when I get to sleep through the night I'll become Vicki's apprentice again. Maybe.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Which is EXACTLY why I like the internet and the black friday sales on it. No crowds, no pushing or shoving (except from the natives trying to see the screen--HEY, GET OUT OF HERE, THIS IS A SURPRISE!) Honestly, you're right. Black friday is exhausting!

The Willeyes said...

This was my first year experiencing "Black Friday" and boy howdy is right...wow those people are CRAZY!! Maybe you and I can both sign on as apprentice:)

Anonymous said...

The only thing I ventured out of the house to buy on Black Friday, was our Christmas tree. I avoid the crowds at ALL costs!

Jennifer said...

I'm totally with ya on the Black Friday thing. I tried it last year for the first time in my life. The one store I had in mind opened at 6:00. I WOKE UP EARLY ON A DAY I DIDN'T HAVE TO, and arrived outside the store at 5:55. Well, like an idiot, I thought it wasn't open, since it was supposed to open at 6:00. I saw someone walk out of the store at 5:58, so I went inside just in time to see a lady with the LAST of the much-coveted item I went there for. I'm never doing Black Friday again.

Becca said...

Oh Megs, I was hoping that since you were getting up so early that you were going to get amazing deals...sorry it stunk...I love you anyways though! I'd say you're a good sport just for going!!

Beth said...

NOT worth it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites

Parenting Blogs