Thursday, January 3, 2008

House Swap

When Dan surprised me by taking me to Vegas for the weekend (when was that? October?) Joel and Beth tended Maggie for us for a day and a half. So, we told them that we'd return the favor. They didn't really care where they went--mostly just being excited to be childless for an evening--so we hatched the idea of a house swap. We'd move into their place and watch their kidlets while they played in downtown Salt Lake and then slept over at our place.

Only problem: somehow a 70's duplex doesn't seem like the right place for a romantic weekend getaway. So, we transformed it into Jardim Betinha Inn and Suites. [That's little Beth gardens in portuguese.] Prepare to be amazed by the transformation:

Our master bedroom became:
Our lame bathroom was then:
Complete with hotel soaps and towels shaped like angels:

Sadly, we were unable to provide all the ammenities we would have hoped:

But we could provide this:
and this:

and these:
And while they were enjoying time alone, we were flying by the seats of our shorts as the parents of four. The really sad thing was that Maggie was harder to keep track of than the other 3! My mother has told me that before, but I didn't believe her. Now I do. For dinner entertainment we had the play land at Carl's Jr. These kids were the only ones in there speaking English. And they had a muy bien time!
Maggie loves a good beverage
Sweet Clara
Lincoln and Asher were just like monkeys in there.

We had a really great time and finally managed to get everybody in bed and happy later that night. What a great adventure. We'll have to do it again.

7 comments:

Beth said...

Wow. Those are really the most beautiful children I have ever seen. By the way, the ultrasound revealed today that we're gonna have a girl!!!!!

{Erica} said...

you crack me up!! seriously funny idea and what a great friend you are! Where do you come up with these things! I have to add that to my "good idea" list for sure!

Anonymous said...

Gotta tell you, Megs - you will make life good no matter where you are, no matter what happens. You have a gift.

Ginna said...

you are so cute and funny, I LOVE all the signs for the hotel, I'm ready to book a visit myself. And all the kids are so cute! I love seeing their pictures.

Becca said...

That was soooo cute. You are so creative. I love you, just thinking about you makes me smile!! Your awesome!

Jenae said...

Wow, that was amazingly thoughtful and cute of you guys to decorate your place like that, how fun!

Tiffany said...

Yes, where do I sign up for such a swap!? Seriously so fun and creative! About Julia's wedding, I'm coming for a week, maybe we could get together? Her wedding is on the 25th in Bountiful...It's a small family wedding. I'm so excited to be coming back home!! YEAH!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites

Parenting Blogs